What Type Of Materials Are Prohibited?
There are a variety of materials that are prohibited from the landfill and must either by recycled or disposed of in a controlled manner. These items are NOT ALLOWED to go into our bins and if they do you’ll incur additional charges and possible delays in bin pickup.
Prohibited Items For Disposal
- Asbestos or materials that contain it
- Drywall (prior to 1990)
- Paints or other chemicals
- Fuel, oils, grease or vehicle fluids
- Biomedical or radioactive waste
- Fuel tanks or propane tanks
- Food Waste (special program in place)
- Hazardous waste of any kind
- Animal waste or carcasses
- Cardboard (must be recycled)
- Vehicle or bicycle tires (recycling program)
- Batteries of any type (recycling program)
If you are unsure about your items please call (250) 589-8544 and speak with one of our representatives.